Particularly when it comes to sharing the things we love together. Unfortunately, not everything that’s good for us is good for our pets also. Listed below is a series of foods to eliminate the dogs.
1. Chocolate (& Caffeine) – Now even if you have never had a dog of your own you likely know that chocolate is poisonous to dogs. What you may not know is that this also extends to coffee and caffeine. All these items come from cacao seeds, which contain methylxanthines. This has been known to cause numerous ill effects in dogs and even death. They should be kept far away from the pets.
2. Grapes and Raisins – This one may not be widely known, and that might be a result of the reason for it being unknown also, but grapes and raisins can lead to kidney failure in dogs. It is best to refrain from giving both of these to your dog in any respect.
3. Salt – When consumed in large amounts, salt can cause pets to have excessive thirst and urination. This can result in severe dehydration and even sodium ion poisoning, so it’s best to restrict the salty bites that you give your dogs. Some common salty snacks to watch out for could include pretzels, chips, popcorn etc..
4. Bread – This common table food can cause bloating and twisting on your dogs stomach. This extends to all kinds of bread, from chopped to baked. Also, when eating raw dough, the ethanol produced in the yeast can cause your dog to become drunk. Obviously, you do not want that so you are likely to need to keep all forms of bread from your pups.
5. Bones – Dogs are known for their love of bones, but giving your dogs bones in the table can be very harmful to them. Certain bones like chicken and ribs are prone to breaking off easily. This can do damage to your dogs throat going down and even choke them. The bones may also splinter off at any point going down, possibly damaging their insides and their stomachs. It’s best to only give your dogs bones which were made specifically for chewing on, like the kind you can find at your neighborhood pet store.